Making healthy changes is easier said than done. Even when we're strongly motivated, adopting a new, healthy habit or breaking an unhealthy one can be extremely difficult.
In particular, many women find it difficult to get regular exercise because it's inconvenient, they have too little time or feel too self-conscious to take an exercise class.
One problem when it comes to change is we're often motivated by negative thinking - a sense of guilt, fear, or regret. I don’t want to be fat, I don’t want to be an alcoholic, I don’t want to get a disease etc. It’s hard to achieve a desired goal when the motivation is rooted in negative thinking.
Positive and lasting change is more likely when it's rooted in positive thinking.
Here’s how Counselling can help
- Exploration of your current and desired life situation
- Identify unhealthy thoughts and feelings that lead to the behaviours holding you back
- Discover the root of the behaviour
- Learn healthier coping strategies that help you break free from painful patterns
- Life Skills Coaching to help develop realistic and achievable goals (and adjust as needed)
- Feel empowered, better about yourself and your life